Chinese Spring roll is such a delicious recipe which is loved by children also. It has a beautiful texture and taste. It has very minimal ingredients and very easy to make. You just need to keep the wrapper ready and than the spring rolls can me maid anytime in minutes. It can be served as a starter and with the drinks also. When making for children you can avoid adding the chilly sauce. You can even try out adding shredded chicken in it or scrambled eggs for a different taste. All the ingredients are written down with the quantity required and the proper method to make this yum dish is also described. So lets get started with it.
Ingredients for Chinese spring roll:-
To make wrapper:-
All purpose flour- 500 gm
Water- 1 cup
Salt- 1 tsp
For the filling:-
Cabbage- 1/4 small
Carrot- 2 medium
Green capsicum- 1 medium
Spring onion- 2 bulbs
Spring onion greens- 2 stalks
Refined flour- 2 tsp
Soy sauce- 1 tsp
Ginger garlic paste- 1 tsp
Vinegar- 1 tsp
Red chilly sauce- 1/2 tsp
Green chilly sauce- 1/2 tsp
Salt- 1 tsp
White pepper- 1 tsp
Oil to deep fry.
Method of Chinese spring roll:-
* To make the wrapper, first take a bowl in that add all purpose flour. Take a cup pour some water in it and put a spoon of sea salt in it. Add the water in the flour and mix it with your hand. Go on mixing it for 10 to 15 minutes take out the flour from the sides and put it in the between of the batter. After some time the better will be very smooth and elastic, this is the proper consistency which we need to make the wrapper. Once its ready let it sit for 30 minutes and cover it with wet towel.
* Take a round Pan. Heat it on a medium flame and see to it that it is not over heated or else the wrapper will not be thin which we need, always check the heat while making this wrapper. Now take the batter in your hand and roll in fully than run it onto the pan in a circular motion and remove the excess batter from the top immediately. Once the edges of the wrapper begin to curl remove it from the other hand and place it on a plate. In the same way make another wrapper also.
* So the wrapper is ready, lets make its filling. Take a medium cabbage and shred it, Take carrot, spring onion and capsicum and cut it into very thin slices.
* Take a Chinese wok, heat it and pour 2 or 3 tsp of oil. Add onions to it and shallow fry it until it turns golden than add all the other vegetables to it. Once the vegetables are cooked add soy sauce, red and green chilly sauce, vinegar, ginger garlic paste, salt and white pepper. Mix all the ingredients well and switch off the flame.
* Now take a frying pan and add oil to it to deep fry the rolls.
* Take a bowl and add refined flour to it with a little water and make a paste, this we will use to seal the rolls. Take a wrapper and add 1 spoon filling to it and fold it, at the end of the wrapper put some paste and seal from all the sides. Repeat the same until the rolls are ready.
* Put the rolls in the frying pan and fry them until they turn golden brown.
* Your spring roll is ready, serve it with mayonnaise or schezwan sauce.
You can visit our website for other recipes also or yo can click on the following link for chicken noodles.