This tutorial learns how to Enable/Turn off Live Caption on Pixel 4 android mobile, That’s offline. This is one of the most expressive Accessibility features that came with the Google Pixel 4 and Pixel 4 XL that running on Android 10, yes that is preinstalled. Later on, the older version of Google Pixel mobiles ready to get in the next update that available at the end of the year 2019. And will become available in multiple languages by the end of 2019. It’s Good sound and helpful the Audio caption for the video that has audio. This new Android mobile technology is limited to your personal video created by you. A live caption will not available for the Phone and Video calls. So android users are still safe that’s Google privacy feature.
Live caption is real-time and that will create on your device only, No leak and data pass to the cloud. So Live caption does not depend on WiFi or Mobile Signal quality. This caption is always at the same speed and amazing. So sometime it looks annoying, so we can hide or turn off under the settings app of Google Pixel 4 and Pixel 4 Xl. Follow the steps below.
Note Compatible Pixel Devices: Pixel 3, Pixel 3 XL, Pixel 3a and Pixel 3a XL [update will com Later this year], Supported Devices are Pixel 4 & Pixel 4 XL
Steps for Turn off Live Listen Feature on Google Pixel 4 and Pixel 4 XL [New]
- Open the Settings app on your Pixel 4/ Pixel 4 XL
- Now Tap on sound.
- Next, Find the Live Caption settings. Now let’s Customize it. We have four Live Caption options to customize it.
- We can turn On/off live captions.
- Allow to show or hide profanity.
- Enable to show sound labels like laughter, and applause.
- Show or Hide a live caption icon in volume control. If this option is enabled then see the below image where we can enable under the volume control on pixel mobile.
Note: We can change the live Caption size, Color and Style under the Caption Preferences = Settings app > Accessibility > Caption Preferences > Turn on Use Captions > Now change Style of your Live Caption.
- Live Caption is only supporting the English language.
- Captions might not available on media streaming
- Live Caption has amazing accuracy for the audio speaker that has high background noise.
- Live Caption not work on Phone calls, VOIP, and music
- Live Caption will not use your internet, never stored on your device or send to Google