Most of the Android mobile users repeatedly found the exact error DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN Android chrome browser/ Windows Browser or DNS PROBE FINISHED NXDOMAIN for most of the popular Social Media news websites like Facebook Twitter Reddit and many others. The example I can’t give in a full list of web address URL but these tips is common for all websites they are giving the error on your web page. Before few days I got the Error on my desktop Google chrome Browser, I fix this error by changing DNS address, but what to do for the Android mobile Google Chrome browser. There is no option for an open DNS profile and change Alternate or preferred DNS server address.
I hope that this trick works for you as well that I fixed on my HTC android mobile and Google Chrome browser.
Steps for fix DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN Android error
This is a common error for Browser that disturb the Browsing service, So I recommend to reset Old browser Data on your Android mobile like Samsung Galaxy, OnePlus, HTC, LG, Google Pixel.
Check for Google chrome app on android mobile
Check for the latest version of the Android mobile app from your Play Store here for the Google Chrome app. We can check pending App Update on Play Store: Open Play Store from Android mobile home screen > Search Google Chrome > Update Pending Updates.
And Also Check for the System Update: Settings app on Mobile > About Phone > Software Update > Download and install Software Update. During this process, your Mobile will reboot and Install new pending updates. Still, the problem is not fixed then try to Reset all cache of your Browser from Android Settings app or Browser Settings.
Clear Chrome Mobile Browser Cache and History
- Open the Chrome Browser app on your Android mobile.
- From the top right corner, Tap on More options icon (…) vertical dots.
- Tap on the Settings option.
- Now, Find and Tap on Privacy, Scroll to Clear Browsing Data.
- Select Time Range for All time and Select All the CheckBox, Tap on Clear Data.
- You are Done. Recheck your Problem is fixed, Still not then Follow the next solution.
Clear Google Chrome App Data or Other Browser App Data
We can Manage & Clear Any app Data installed on your Android mobile. or All Apps Data from Android Settings app. Follow the Below steps for Clear App Data for Browser on that you are getting error like DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN, Here are the Steps for Clear App Data for Google Chrome. Built-in Google Chrome browser on android mobile unable to Uninstall/Re-Download on android mobile, So we have to Clear App Data forcefully from settings. Follow the same steps for Other Browsers like Firefox, Opera, UC Browser, Android Browser, Opera Mini So on.
- Open Settings app on android mobile.
- Scroll to a Storage option. Scroll and Find all apps that are installed. Tap App Name “Google Chrome“.
- You will find two options, Clear Data, and Clear Cache.
- Tap on Clear Data. This option will not Uninstall or Delete the app, But remove all Data for the app and set to default settings.
- You are done.
Clear Chrome Mobile Browser Cache and History [Earlier Version of Chrome Browser]
We cannot change DNS in Chrome mobile browser but we can reset or delete your Android mobile browsing data from the chrome app [android dns lookup failed].
- Step 1: Open Google Chrome app on your Android mobile or tablet
- Step 2: Tap on three horizontal 3 dot icon at the top.
- Step 3: Find to settings option and tap on it
- Step 4: Now tap on advanced > privacy and Clear browsing data
- Step 5: choose specific time intervals like past hour, past day or beginning of the time. that I recommending.
- Step 6: Also select types of information that we want to remove and tap on the clear data.
For the technical guideline, I recommend browsing history and cookies and site data, we must clear from the Browser.
Browsing history: save web page URL shortcuts any pre-fetched IP address removed.
Cookie and Site Data: Create the file by the website, Site preferences, HTML5 storage, Web SQL Data and other types of Data.
Force Close Apps and Restart Apps:
Before closing the chrome app all the background processes must be killed automatically in you can get faster and press browsing experience on your Android Mobile Chrome app.
Uninstall and reinstall Chrome app: it’s very easy and most of the Users have experience in installing Apps and remove apps for games.
Try Google Chrome Beta App (Your Android Version is Beta)
Chrome Beta app: this beta version of Google Chrome always up to date for the next update this may help to fix DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN Android Google Chrome.
For PC/Laptop: dns_probe_finished_nxdomain on Windows All Version
This Google Chrome error is not windows (Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7) version dependent. it’s specific to the browser only.
1) Change the DNS address
Go to the network icon at the bottom, right-click on it – open Network and sharing center.
Now click on the change adapter settings.
Under the adapter find your active Wifi or the broadband network.
Right click on it and go to the property.
Now use Internet protocol version 4, ipv4 and property.
Change with the following DNS address is displaying below image.
Use Preferred DNS Server is: 18.104.22.168
Use Alternate DNS Server is: 22.214.171.124
2) Flush all types of cases using CMD command prompt
Run CMD in search menu and type below command one by one
netsh int ip set dns
netsh winsock reset
3) Result in all the default value in Google Chrome Windows
- Type following URL in your Chrome address bar:”chrome://flags/“
- And click on reset all to default, relaunch your Chrome browser after close you will fix out problem dns_probe_finished_nxdomain Chrome browser.
Not tested but you can use the following steps for the Mozilla problem as well.