here I explained what method you have to follow for which cases and troubleshooting guide. For the connectivity problem, you can go with a simple reset or soft reset. Otherwise, the problem is a bid that won’t pair with a new mobile or Laptop/ Mac device. So you need to unpair or remove the old setup or Bluetooth mac address from the Galaxy buds software.
Troubleshoot the most common errors on connection, Sound issues (left or right Galaxy Earbuds not loud enough). Solutions are also the same for Galaxy Gear IconX.
People are trying to different android mobiles to test the sound quality apart from the Galaxy S10 and Galaxy S10 Plus. if you have any problem with nee smart mobile, Then Go with Restart or Factory Reset Galaxy Buds.
How to soft or Factory Reset Galaxy Buds and Galaxy Buds+: That Troubleshoot the problems
To do a simple or soft restart you can do this without any force touch or long-press on any button or touchpad of Galaxy buds. Also mind that, simple reboot helps to fix the problem related to the connectivity issues. Like Galaxy buds disconnecting during call or music play.
Steps for Restart: Insert your Earbuds into the corresponding charging case’s slot. now remove to take it after 7 seconds or more time because this is by default options.back to menu ↑
Hard Reset or Force Reset
This process looks challenging but very easy on your Samsung mobile, Other mobile or iPhone, You need to do this process mostly you want to erase all the settings and setup that you are done with the previous mobile. want to erase and pair with new mobile. Officially there is no Button on Charging Case for Hard Reset, So we can’t hard Reset Without the App on android mobile, You can install the Galaxy Buds Plugin and Galaxy Buds Plus Plugin app from Play Store on any Other Android mobile | Galaxy Buds App for Apple iPhone.
you can hard Factory reset using the Galaxy Wearable app that installed on your paired Android mobile. after that Erase all Data from Galaxy Wearable app & the Galaxy buds app.
- Before the move to Reset, Make sure your Galaxy Buds charged at least 15% otherwise put it on charge for 10 minutes. On your Phone, and Open Galaxy Wearable app.
- Scroll down on app to the option for About earbuds. Go with the Tap Reset earbuds.
- Finally, tap on the Reset.
- That’s it. Next is to Erase Data and pair again to completely refresh.
- Go to the settings > apps > galaxy wearable/galaxy buds > storage > clear data.
- That’s it. When you pair again, Galaxy Bud app install Software again in Galaxy Buds.
If App is not installed and missing,
back to menu ↑
Check this -: that means Galaxy Wearable app is removed or uninstall. Now Re-Download and Re-install from Play store in Free.
Just touch the mobile screen that connected with your phone. Swipe up or down on the screen to access the apps or home screen.
Hard Reset Galaxy Buds & Buds+ Without App and Android Mobile
For Galaxy Buds and Galaxy Buds Samsung’s official app is available for other smartphones and Cross-platform. So here we can Hard Reset Galaxy Buds trough the Android Galaxy Bud/Plus Plugin app available in Play Store and iPhone app store as well. See the Below screen, after installed on your android mobile or iPhone.
- Download Galaxy Buds App, Galaxy Buds + on None Samsung mobile | iPhone (Galaxy Buds + )
- Move to About Earbuds > Reset or Update Galaxy Buds.
Update Galaxy Buds Software Update on Any Mobile
New Software update comes with connectivity and Stability, that will help to fix the different problem with Galaxy Buds. Follow these steps.
- Open Wearable app on android mobile that is connected with Galaxy Buds. Use Galaxy Buds app on None Samsung mobile or iPhone that is Explained in above step.
- Scroll & Tap on About Earbuds.
- Update Earbuds Software.
- That’s it.
Thanks for visiting us. Find more internet tips and troubleshooting guides on Samsung Galaxy Mobile, Earbuds and Smartwatch. Have you any query related to this, write for us in a comment below.