Asus ROG Zephyrus Is the topmost model for the gamers republic squad as these are smarter. But these laptops have occurred many microphones issues while using video call, skype call, Online chatting, Voice recognition, Voice recorder, Recording audio for a video, Capturing any noise in a room And those who work remotely can use their microphone to hold important business meetings.
Many models have registered complaints about the same issues. Here’s how to fix a microphone not working on your Windows OS and where the microphone is located on your device.
Here are the following few discussed questions
Where Is The Microphone Located?
The microphone can be beside the camera in a tiny little dots-like structure.
The microphone shown is shown in the image below:
How to Make Proper Use of External Earphone (Microphone)?
In many Asus laptops, an external microphone can be used as an internal microphone. In Asus ROG laptops, it bifurcates into the following two types of jack/microphone designing.
It supports one of the types by having an earphone plug ( green marked ) and an external microphone plug ( red marked).
Talking about the other design provided by the ASUS models is that combination of both, i.e., to have earphones and microphones combined into the single-made hybrid jack.
By using this audio jack cable, you can switch to this if your mic stops suddenly.
Some of the audio jack is:
How Do I Fix The Microphone On My Asus ROG Zephyrus Models?
Considering the following model or any ROG series while performing any activity if you experience sound problems or maybe no sound at all or intermittent/cracking etc.
The major issues can be not detecting the microphone :
- Go to the search bar and search for sound settings in the panel.
- Click on the open tab as shown.
- After the previous step go for the internal microphone section on the screen.
- Seeing to the on-screen notations check for the volume is set to mute mode.
- On the right-hand side check for sound control panel and click on it.
- Go to the Recording tab and by selecting the internal microphone option and right-click on the properties.
- By going to the properties check on the levels tab and enhance the microphone array to the max.
Why Does The Sound Go Off Instantly When Using Some Other Application?
This problem can be occurred due to main issues in sound-related issues such as internal speaker function might work abnormal, internal microphone work abnormal, etc.
Follow these steps to overcome the issue:
- For these issues, you need to go for the volume mixer in the sound icon present at the bottom right.
- Click on the open volume mixer tab as shown in the figure.
- After opening the tab, make use of the bar that adjusts the volume as shown in the figure.
- In this, you can adjust the volume for any specified in the device.
- If the volume icon below is muted i.e. it can be said that the volume for that application is being muted.
How To Update The Drivers In The ASUS ROG Series In The Device Manager?
To keep updated the drivers, or if the audio is not detected, you need to update the audio driver. Here I have a few methods for updating the drivers easily through the following few steps:
- Go to the search bar and search for the device manager.
- Click on open as shown in the image.
- After opening the tab, kindly see for audio inputs and outputs.
- Drag down the option which you have searched you will be able to see the speakers (Synaptics audio).
- Continuing the further enable the device as shown.
- After selecting the option of speakers.
- Make a right-click and see the option of update driver select it.
- By performing the onscreen notations you have to select the Search automatically for updated driver software option.
- It will automatically search for the drivers and update them.
In case the update doesn’t take the speaker driver into the update, no worries, we have a solution. You can just go to the official ASUS support site and download and update the audio driver from there.