Have you a dell laptop with the Inspiron serial model: 3000 Series, 7000 Series, Legacy Inspiron Models, 5000 Series, Chromebook. Are you looking for a solution on how to find the microphone and use it for different purposes like recording, Online audio, and video conferencing? Here in this video tutorial, I will give a guide on how to clean up the microphone and basic fix for the microphone not working on your dell laptop suddenly, after the Upgrade Windows version.
We cover most useful tips and guide on Microphone problems with your Dell laptop like Where is Microphone, How to Install Microphone Drivers, How to Enable and Disable Microphone access, Alternate options for Microphone dead, or Not working.
Where is Microphone on Dell Laptop 3000 series body?
Dell 3000 Series model is a bundle of 63 Dell models that number starting from 3 thousand. In the last of this article you will see the list of all dell laptops with image, Where is microphone location.
How to Enable Built-in microphone?
Windows users have separate audio settings that manage your microphone settings as well. follow the below steps for enable or manage microphone that might be built-in or internal mic or headphone mic.
External Microphone in Headset or Earbuds: Some users are using a Private or secure microphone for video calls, audio calls, or recording the sound. So Dell laptop supports USB headphones or Audio heck (3.5 audio jack), which is given on the left side near to USB port.
- USB Headphone: https://amzn.to/2XMB8jh
- 3.5 mm Audio Jack Headphone: https://amzn.to/2Ajuedc
- Bluetooth Headphone: https://amzn.to/2ZUIbsL
How to use External Microphone using the 3.5 mm audio jack?
This is an official option by laptop, Most of the Laptop and desktop manufacturers are given this option on the left part of your laptop side. If you are using a microphone with two audio jack plugs one is for Microphone and the other is for speaker then use USB Sound card (https://amzn.to/2yRhRos), available on amazon. and use Microphone directly from your browser, Software, and recording tools.
Browsers users have to allow to use a microphone for privacy, in the Address bar of a particular website address. Click on the microphone icon and allow it to use a microphone.
This all the fixes and tricks to use a microphone with the audio jack on your dell laptop.back to menu ↑
Where are Microphone Settings on the Dell laptop & Dell Audio Driver?
Most Common Drive Problem: Out-Dated Driver installed on Dell
This is the process to remove Audio driver from dell and re-install latest from the below link,
- Open the Device Manager From control panel or Search With “Device Manager“.
- Expand the “Sound, Video & Game Controllers” section.
- Find if installed and Right-click on “Realtek High Definition Audio” and select to uninstall.
- Put a checkmark in the option to delete the driver software – Completely, and then ok.
- Restart the laptop.
Dell laptop supports Realtek audio drive, So you can download Audio driver on your PC to find an external audio device or microphone with the device. Download Realtek High Definition Audio driver from here:
Follow the below solutions for DELL Mic Array Problems
- Click on the Start button at the bottom left corner.
- Find and click on Control Panel, (Windows 10 Users can directly search from the Search box)
- Go with the Sound option
- Move to “Recording” tab
- Here’s the list of all microphones, Right-click on any recording device displayed
- Click “Show Disabled Devices”
- “Microphone Array” should appear, Also You want to activate the internal microphone then click on it and Enable it.
- For Dell microphone Array, Right-click on “Microphone Array”
- Enable the device
- On the “Set Default” button, click “Default Device“
Now your Microphone is muted or not Amplified enough then follow the below-advanced steps,
- In the same window, Right-click on Microphone Array
- Now, Left click on Properties Option.
- To Adjust the Sound level, So, Click the “levels” tab
- Now, Check the button with a speaker icon. If it has a red (/) sign, click on the button once to unmute.
- Turn Microphone Array up to around 80
- You may need to boost the microphone to +10dB
- Select “Okay“
- Now check out the level readout and see if you are getting a strong signal
- If not, you should repeat this section and turn the volume up and/or the microphone boost until the green bars are reading somewhere in the middle of the display when speaking in a normal voice.
Where is the microphone location on Inspiron 3793 & Other Dell models?
List of Dell Inspiron 3000 Series models (60) comes with common Microphone placement on the body.
6 Headset port
- Connect a headphone, a microphone, or a headset
(headphone and microphone combo).
- Provides high‑quality digital sound input for audio
recording, voice calls, and so on.
How to Clean Microphone on Dell Laptop on Low or Muffled Microphone Sound
We can clean the Built-in microphone of our device gently. The microphone of the Electronics device is too much sensitive, There is not a hard layer between the microphone and surface of your laptop. Still, you can clean up using the Soft hand, Use Soft Baby brush to clean debris, or use a cotton cloth to clean up after removing debris from it. Or Use Blow air from your mouth. Don’t use Blower to Blow into Microphone hole.
Otherwise, you can get advice from the dell executive through a phone call, Mail, or Customer support in your region.
Common Questions people are asking for below dell laptops.
Where is the microphone location on Inspiron 3558?
Where is the microphone location on Inspiron 3452?
Where is the microphone location on Inspiron 15 3559?
Where is the microphone location on Inspiron 3790?
Where is the microphone location on Inspiron 3552?
Where is the microphone location on Inspiron 3451?
Where is the microphone location on Inspiron 15 3555?
Where is the microphone location on Inspiron 3785?
Where is the microphone location on Inspiron 3451, Inspiron 14 3476, Inspiron 3443, Inspiron 3551, Inspiron 3785, Inspiron 15 3555?
List of all Dell models comes with Two alternate options like Older models.
Inspiron 11 3162/3164
Inspiron 15 3565
Inspiron 11 3168
Inspiron 15 3567
Inspiron 11 3169
Inspiron 15 3568
Inspiron 11 3179
Inspiron 15 3573
Inspiron 11 3180
Inspiron 15 3576
Inspiron 11 3185 2-in-1
Inspiron 3152 2-in-1
Inspiron 14 3459
Inspiron 3153 2-in-1
Inspiron 14 3462
Inspiron 3157 2-in-1
Inspiron 14 3465
Inspiron 3158 2-in-1
Inspiron 14 3467
Inspiron 3195 2-in-1
Inspiron 14 3468
Inspiron 14 3473
Share your Problem with us in the comment box.