Last updated on April 12th, 2022 at 11:27 pm
Have you a dell laptop with the Inspiron serial model: 3000 Series, 7000 Series, Legacy Inspiron Models, 5000 Series, Chromebook. Are you looking for a solution on how to find the microphone and use it for different purposes like recording, Online audio, and video conferencing? Here in this video tutorial, I will give a guide on how to clean up the microphone and basic fix for the microphone not working on your dell laptop suddenly, after the Upgrade Windows version.
We cover most useful tips and guide on Microphone problems with your Dell laptop like Where is Microphone, How to Install Microphone Drivers, How to Enable and Disable Microphone access, Alternate options for Microphone dead, or Not working.
Where is Microphone on Dell Laptop 3000 series body?
Dell 3000 Series model is a bundle of 63 Dell models that number starting from 3 thousand. In the last of this article you will see the list of all dell laptops with image, Where is microphone location.
Where is the microphone location on Inspiron 3793 & Other Dell models?
List of Dell Inspiron 3000 Series models (60) comes with common Microphone placement on the body.
6 Headset port
- Connect a headphone, a microphone, or a headset
(headphone and microphone combo).
- Provides high‑quality digital sound input for audio
recording, voice calls, and so on.
Let’s Fix Using Primary Solution for the Microphone issues if it’s not working.
How to Enable Built-in microphone?
Windows users have separate audio settings that manage their microphone settings as well. follow the below steps to enable or manage a microphone that might be a built-in or an internal mic or headphone mic.
Setup Microphone in Windows 11
On the windows system, you have complete control of the Microphone that restrict your privacy while running different app on your windows system. If you would like to completely Mute or Turn off the microphone then Go to the below settings and Turn off it.
- Open the Settings app on your Windows 11. right-click on the Start menu or Windows + I Key.
- Go to Privacy & Security > Microphone.
- Enable the toggle for Microphone access. That’s it.
Enable Microphone for App on Dell
Find the toggle for Allow or Disallow microphone access to the app installed on your Windows Computer or Laptop. Makes sure and enable the microphone for the installed app in windows 11.
- Open the Settings app, right-click on the Start menu > Settings.
- Go to Privacy & Security Option.
- Microphone > See the Option “Let Apps Access your Microphone” > Enable the toggle.
- Now, Enable microphone access for individual app. that are installed on your Windows 11.
External Microphone in Headset or Earbuds: Some users are using a Private or secure microphone for video calls, audio calls, or recording the sound. So Dell laptop supports USB headphones or Audio heck (3.5 audio jack), which is given on the left side near to USB port.
- USB Headphone: https://amzn.to/2XMB8jh
- 3.5 mm Audio Jack Headphone: https://amzn.to/2Ajuedc
- Bluetooth Headphone: https://amzn.to/2ZUIbsL
Dell Latitude Microphone Not Working
If you are able to know your Dell Model then I recommend installing and Checking the issues automatically with the “Download & Install Support Assistant”. This option will automatically check the Missing, Corrupted, and Outdated Driver and software update from dell.
Install this setup and Know the available software update for your dell laptop.
- Download and install SupportAssist to your Laptop or Desktop.
- Run the Setup and check with each software module after identify your PC, Diagnose and Optimize for firmware, software, and BIOS Driver.
- you are done with the latest software update at all.
Dell laptop microphone driver windows 11
Another solution will help you to disguise the issue with software problem or hardware issue. Some major hardware issues we can’t repair the issue with the latest software update or Driver. During this test, if you get the Test result fails then contact Dell Support assistance online or With nearby Dell service support. On your Windows 11 follow the below steps,
- Right-click on Windows menu > Settings. or Press Windows + I Key from the keyboard to open Settings on Windows 11.
- Under the System > Troubleshoot.
- Here are the different Troubleshooting options, Go to the Other Troubleshooters.
- Run Setup for Recording Audio.
- Now, Follow the on-screen setup. If it’s already installed and Updated. then you will get messages up to date. In another case, if there is a hardware issue, the test will be failed.
Test & Check App-Specific Microphone Settings: Like Zoom, Microsoft Team, Skype
Now All Audio recording, Personal and Business Video call, and Audio call apps like Microsoft Team, Skype, and Zoom meeting has individual settings for the microphone. So we can adjust the Microphone level, Mute/Unmute microphone within the app. just like the Clipchamp microphone not working because of Microphone is disabled in-app.
To Adjust or Manage Microphone settings for the app running on your Windows Computer. Go to the Settings > See the microphone settings and test your microphone.
Repair Corrupt Windows OS
Windows 11 comes with a built-in Reinstall Windows Option in just a few clicks in the settings app, But in this process, your all data will be erased or Not with the option, “Keep My Files” or “Remove Everything” and install new windows set up like a new. But you have an Option to Backup your System data.
- Go to the Desktop, Press Windows + i or Right Click on Windows Start menu > Settings.
- Go to the System > Recovery.
- Here’s the Option for Reset This PC. First Option, Keep My Files option is best for you, without erasing data Reinstall windows 11.
Once the Repair or Reinstall is done, Check the microphone is working with the Built-in recording app.
Try With Audio Recording App in Windows
in many cases, you have a problem with a Third-party installed app, so the microphone not working or Lagging, Stop suddenly. Open the Recording app in windows [Comes in Windows 11 as a Built-in app], and Record Something to test the result. if the microphone is okay with the default Voice Recorder app, then check the microphone settings in an app having issues or Uninstall & Re-install the app to fix the microphone problem.
How to use External Microphone using the 3.5 mm audio jack?
This is an official option by laptop, Most Laptop and desktop manufacturers are given this option on the left part of your laptop side. If you are using a microphone with two audio jack plugs one is for Microphone and the other is for a speaker then use USB Sound card, available on amazon. and use the Microphone directly from your browser, Software, and recording tools.
Browsers users have to allow to use a microphone for privacy, in the Address bar of a particular website address. Click on the microphone icon and allow it to use a microphone.
This all the fixes and tricks to use a microphone with the audio jack on your dell laptop.
Turn on the Microphone using Keyboard Shortcut if your Laptop supports
Most users don’t know the keyboard shortcut is also available on your Keyboard, which might be in the function key or separate key. here’s my Laptop I have a Saperate microphone key, to quickly enable and disable the microphone access.
Where are Microphone Settings on the Dell laptop & Dell Audio Driver?
Most Common Drive Problem: Out-Dated Driver installed on Dell
This is the process to remove the Audio driver from dell and re-install the latest from the below link,
- Open the Device Manager From the control panel or Search With “Device Manager“.
- Expand the “Sound, Video & Game Controllers” section.
- Find if installed and Right-click on “Realtek High Definition Audio” and select to uninstall.
- Put a checkmark in the option to delete the driver software – Completely, and then ok.
- Restart the laptop.
Dell laptop supports Realtek audio drive, So you can download Audio driver on your PC to find an external audio device or microphone with the device. Download Realtek High Definition Audio driver from here:
Follow the below solutions for DELL Mic Array Problems
- Click on the Start button at the bottom left corner.
- Find and click on Control Panel, (Windows 10 Users can directly search from the Search box)
- Go with the Sound option
- Move to “Recording” tab
- Here’s the list of all microphones, Right-click on any recording device displayed
- Click “Show Disabled Devices”
“Microphone Array” should appear, Also You want to activate the internal microphone then click on it and Enable it.
For Dell microphone Array, Right-click on “Microphone Array”
Enable the device
On the “Set Default” button, click “Default Device“
Now your Microphone is muted or not Amplified enough then follow the below-advanced steps,
- In the same window, Right-click on Microphone Array
- Now, Left click on Properties Option.
- To Adjust the Sound level, So, Click the “levels” tab
- Now, Check the button with a speaker icon. If it has a red (/) sign, click on the button once to unmute.
- Turn Microphone Array up to around 80
- You may need to boost the microphone to +10dB
- Select “Okay“
- Now check out the level readout and see if you are getting a strong signal
- If not, you should repeat this section and turn the volume up and/or the microphone boost until the green bars are reading somewhere in the middle of the display when speaking in a normal voice.
How to Clean Microphone on Dell Laptop on Low or Muffled Microphone Sound
We can clean the Built-in microphone of our device gently. The microphone of the Electronics device is too much sensitive, There is not a hard layer between the microphone and surface of your laptop. Still, you can clean up using the Soft hand, Use Soft Baby brush to clean debris, or use a cotton cloth to clean up after removing debris from it. Or Use Blow air from your mouth. Don’t use the Blower to Blow into the microphone hole.
Otherwise, you can get advice from the dell executive through a phone call, Mail, or Customer support in your region.
Download Dell Support Assist to run Diagnostic and Fix
if the sound card test failed then contact technical support on the below-given source to talk with an Expert person. in that case, dell will replace the back part of the system to Fix the microphone and camera problem.
Dell Hardware Support
Dell Repair service is available all the time. Just go to this link and follow the option given on the website. or Call directly to the support center for any other queries. if your laptop is under warranty and Repair terms and conditions then you have an option to get repair free.
Common Questions people are asking for below dell laptops.
Where is the microphone location on Inspiron 3558?
Where is the microphone location on Inspiron 3452?
Where is the microphone location on Inspiron 15 3559?
Where is the microphone location on Inspiron 3790?
Where is the microphone location on Inspiron 3552?
Where is the microphone location on Inspiron 3451?
Where is the microphone location on Inspiron 15 3555?
Where is the microphone location on Inspiron 3785?
Where is the microphone location on Inspiron 3451, Inspiron 14 3476, Inspiron 3443, Inspiron 3551, Inspiron 3785, Inspiron 15 3555?
List of all Dell models comes with Two alternate options like Older models.
Inspiron 11 3162/3164
Inspiron 15 3565
Inspiron 11 3168
Inspiron 15 3567
Inspiron 11 3169
Inspiron 15 3568
Inspiron 11 3179
Inspiron 15 3573
Inspiron 11 3180
Inspiron 15 3576
Inspiron 11 3185 2-in-1
Inspiron 3152 2-in-1
Inspiron 14 3459
Inspiron 3153 2-in-1
Inspiron 14 3462
Inspiron 3157 2-in-1
Inspiron 14 3465
Inspiron 3158 2-in-1
Inspiron 14 3467
Inspiron 3195 2-in-1
Inspiron 14 3468
Inspiron 14 3473
Share your Problem with us in the comment box.